When writing to FC, I suddenly realized one thing. While my current teaching load is three times as much as the load when at UW and I am still alive here, I have been thinking how I could be that swamped (at least I claimed I was) by teaching only one course in the graduate school. And the reason was: I spent too much time whining. As it is now, I am too busy to even think about anything to whine. In the past, from time to time I felt guilty about being unproductive, watching too much TV series and having too much fun, now I often found myself falling asleep before a 45-minute show was over.
Maybe when one's capacity is forced to stretch to a size much larger than ever, everything in the past becomes so tiny. Maybe before making any real accomplishment, we need to be stretched over and over again.
Now my work and life are mixed so well that I can't tell the difference. Though I am not sure where it will lead to, I guess it's just the Assistant Professor 101.
The View I See
2010-10-16
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment