The View I See

The View I See

2009-08-26

Addiction ‧ Indulgence

Recent articles show that Multitasking, Internet Addiction, and Internet Seeking could be dangerous and harmful to our brains. I was terrified. I have exactly same symptoms as described. "Searching for information you don't even care about", "chatting via instant messaging while checking email and surfing the Web", and "being anxious without Internet". Those are pretty much my daily life. (In some sense those articles were kind of entertaining while I was being terrified.)

In one episode of 【Grey's Anatomy】 about addiction, a remark goes like this
Bad habit comes easily but hard to be kicked away.
I think the hardest part of kicking a habit is wanting to kick it. I mean, we get addicted for a reason, right?
They say you don't kick the habit until you hit rock bottom. But how do you know when you are there?
Indeed.

Addiction is bad. But indulging oneself in an addiction is even worse.

No comments: